Can you use solar energy at night?

YES, you can!     Call 0208 654 9000

Welcome to the Solar4us blog


From our base in Croydon, Solar4us service clients in the South East:-  London, Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex and Kent.

By Siva Muthulingasamy, Mar 23 2012 05:49AM

The government has introduced a new requirement to qualify for a solar PV panel Feed-in-Tariff (FiT). As from 1st April 2012 an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the building is required for all new PV installations.

To qualify for the full FiT rate of 21p/kwh an EPC of level D or more must be submitted with the application to your chosen FiT licensee. This applies to all properties for which an EPC is applicable including commercial and residential buildings.

No transitional arrangements have been made, meaning that the property must have reached level D on the EPC at the time you submit the FiT application. However, it has been clarified that solar PV panels may be included in the final EPC assessment.

This means that majority of properties will reach level D without additional upgrades and even larger majority will reach level D with a number of low-cost energy efficiency measures. We have a network of EPC approved assessors who can advise you on the general measures that may be required.

We are still awaiting clarification from Ofgem on some of the details of these energy efficiency requirements particularly for non-residential properties. The guidance is that an EPC must be provided if, in general, the building is heated, or if the PV array is connected to another building for which an EPC is applicable.

Welcome to the Solar4us blog!!

We welcome comments from the public that add to the understanding of all matters relevant to green energy and solar photovoltaic.  This blog is moderated.  Comments are reviewed before being published on this blog.  Please do not submit comments that are off the subject, spam or offensive.  Such submissions will be deleted and not published.  All relevant comments will be published.